It’s Holiday Time!!! Our holiday program provides families in the local shelters with a happy holiday including gifts for each family member, stockings for the children, coupons for food, needed everyday items and more. We have over 1,000 families this year and will provide 5,000 stockings and need your help more then ever. Join in and help those in need have a happy Holiday.
How can you help?
- Adopt-a-Family’s wish list. You will receive a wish list of items the family has asked for and you will shop and provide their holiday gifts. Family wish lists will be available after 11/4. Email us to adopt a family. Please include details on the type of family you would like to adopt (# of people, preferred age ranges). We will accommodate your request the best we can.
- “Adopt-a-Stocking” for $25, which will supply a child with a stocking filled with treats, goodies and a gift card.
- Donate new needed items (see list below)
- Volunteer at our annual Holiday Events where you can help stuff stockings, assemble woman’s gift bags, wrap gifts, and more. See locations and dates below. NOTE: you do not have to sign up to attend an event or drop off
Join us at our annual volunteer “Wrapping Party” events. Help wrap the donated gifts, assemble stockings and woman’s gift bags and more. There will also be a our fantastic raffle and projects for the kids as well as baked goods, food and drinks. No sign up needed, just come if you can! If you can bring a roll of wrapping paper its aways needed.
Saturday, Dec 7, 2013, Irvine 9am-1pm, Plaza Park, 610 Paseo Westpark, Irvine
Sunday Dec. 8, 2013, Tarzana 9am – 3pm, Wilbur Elementary School, 5213 Crebs Avenue, Tarzana
See more drop off locations below
ALL EVENTS ARE RAIN OR SHINE – No sign up needed, just come if you are able
Holiday Adopt a Family Program Needed Items
Any amount you can donate will help (please understand, we can only accept new items):
- Gift cards – Grocery, Target, Sephora, Toys R Us, Kohl’s, Van’s, Macy’s, JC Penney, Best Buy, movies or restaurants
- Toys for all ages!!! Our goal is 1,000 toys
- Make Up
- Teen Items (jewelry, perfume, fun accessories)
- Toothbrushes & Toothpaste
- Shampoo and Conditioner (full size or hotel size)
Items can be dropped off at the following location on the dates listed, or brought to the events on the dates listed above. Check back often for updates!
NOTE: If you have a large donation, please contact us for delivery instructions and shipping location at firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at (818) 757-1904.
Drop off locations for 2013 program: ALL EVENTS ARE RAIN OR SHINE
Thursday, Dec 5, 2013
The MUCK (Fullerton) 6 – 9pm
1201 W Malvern Ave Fullerton, CA 92833
Friday, Dec 6, 2013
20240 E. Cienega Ave., Covina 91724
Saturday, Dec 7, 2013
Plaza Park, 610 Paseo Westpark, Irvine 92606
You can also drop off at GSO 15260 Ventura Blvd., Suite 2100
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403. GSO can only accepted items until Wed 12/4
Check back often for updated information and locations.